Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sorry

I just got back from my final walk around the marina in Papeete, Tahiti. It was gray and raining, which was appropriate for my mood. I was contemplating how to apologize to all the people who were reading this blog, looking to me for inspiration, living vicariously through our travels. In the end, all I can do is to just say I’m sorry for letting you down. I’m sorry for both the content and tone of several of my posts. They were clearly inappropriate, and should never have been posted.

On the other hand, they demonstrate a very real aspect of cruising that you will not find in any of the books. It’s not all spectacular sunsets and glistening beaches. Cruising is sometimes hard. Sometimes uncomfortable. Often stressful. To do it successfully, without falling apart like I did, you have to have solid and healthy ways of dealing with this stress. My techniques were found somewhat lacking in the end.

Cynthia and I are both exceptionally strong and motivated. We both want to work to put this completely behind us and to continue this journey. After our stay in Seattle, you can expect another journey to begin; next time we will both be better prepared to handle whatever comes along.

Please continue to read our blog. For this next passage, which could be up to two months long, nonstop from Tahiti to Seattle, our goal is to post a blog every day. It should be interesting reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment